In windows 8, to access shutdown, restart and logout, we need to move our mouse in the top right corner and then use these options from the Settings>Power button. But what if you could get extra buttons for shutdown, restart and logout right on your desktop or in your taskbar, or in your taskbar? Well, In this post, I'll tell you how to create shortcuts for shutdown, restart and logout in your task bar from where you can perform these actions just in a single click. simply follow the steps: 1. Right click on your desktop and click New > Shortcut.
2. Now type shutdown.exe /s /t 0 in the create shortcut box and click NEXT.
3. Now type the name of the shortcut, such as shutdown and click FINISH.
4. Now a shortcut icon will be created on your desktop. Right click over this icon and click PROPERTIES. Then click CHANGE ICON.
5. Now select any icon you like and click OK. The icon of your shortcut will be changed.
6. Now, you can drag it and drop into your taskbar to make it a shutdown button. In the same way, you cancreate shortcut buttons for logout and restart also. Use the following text for step 2: Logout : shutdown.exe /l Restart : shutdown.exe /r /t 0 That's it. You have created your shortcut icons for shutdown, logout and restart.
Hello guys.If you need any help or have any questions in mind then you can comment below.If you want more tricks delivered to you for free then you can join our Free Email Newsletter. You can also join us on Facebook and Twitter to get our latest posts in your feed.
Support Us by Sharing this article with your friends